Thursday 6 January 2011

Head Case.

I wish I was more of a "hat person" but the truth is I always feel a little self concious with something perched atop my head. I am working on it though and have been loving my furry hat this winter. Toasty ears plus plenty of compliments are a surefire way to help banish any feelings of insecurity in your headwear. I have also been feeling the turban trend which is starting to emerge.

I love the old school glamour look it gives. A quick google throws up squillions of fabric versions and tutorials for how to tie a scarf into a turban can also be found and I can't wait for the warmer weather as I would love to use this as a way to protect my bleached hair from the suns rays, but I wanted something cosier. Of course! Knitted turban!


But seeing as I am aiming to improve my knitting skills I thought I would DIY this! So I have purchased a vintage knitting pattern from an Etsy seller. This one.


So wish me luck! This may or may not happen. But hopefully it will. I think I would like grey or navy and I am going to keep my eyes open for a beautiful sparkly brooch to pin onto the finished piece. The cherry on top if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment